Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Waiting Game

What is it that Tom Petty says in that song? Oh yeah, waiting is the hardest part. I practically had to wave the kids back with a stick when they saw what was coming out of the oven. "Mini pies--they're just like our size!" was what my little guy had to say about these tasty cherry mini tarts.

I used the recipe for gfcf pie crust that I got from the Wild Oats website, and filled the tarts with cherry Comstock Pie Filling. The filling had just the right balance of tart and sweet. And the crust has a great texture--it reminds me a bit of shortbread cookies. There was little time to get fancy and dust these with powdered sugar. They didn't even get to room temperature before the kids started to dig in.

2 comments:

Lynn Barry said...

Your kiddos are adorable and your blog, a JOY to read. Love it! HUGS

Flamenco Mom said...

Thanks, Lynn. I resisted the urge to nibble on my kids, and instead had a cherry tart. I've cut down on the sweets--due to my "fat pants" post, but a little treat every now and then is a good thing. HUGS