Friday, November 10, 2006

A Perfect Snack

I love Larabars. They have officially become my favorite snack. I am proud to say that, because most of the snack food I have eaten for much of my life is loaded with the trifecta of poor eating: high-fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, and refined sugars. It took me a while to really start listening to my body; when I did, I realized (finally) that I was filling it with junk. To be fair, I do still occasionally dabble in junk food--after all, some of that stuff does taste really great. But I am learning with time that my body will stage a mutiny if I fill it with too much lousy food.

So, now I have found something that is delicious and healthy that I can eat and not feel bad--or sick--about. Those of you who avoid refined sugar will be happy to know that this raw food bar contains no refined sugar. In fact, most of these bars have 5 ingredients or less: and sugar is not among those ingredients. They all contain nuts, a great source of monounsaturated fats, as well as omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Larabars are a great source of fiber. They're gluten free, dairy free, and soy free. My favorite flavors are the Cocoa Mole' and the Cinnamon Roll. My husband says the Cherry Pie flavor is his favorite.

Tomorrow it's back to Wild Oats for me to pick up some more. I may have to start ordering them online by the case.



No comments: