Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Back in the Saddle Again

Now that the revelry of the Thanksgiving holiday is over, it's back to business as usual here at Casa de Flamenco. I've given myself permission to wait another week before I start to obsess over Christmas preparations; so this week is all about having fun at home with the family and not getting all wrapped up (no pun intended) in holiday stuff.

I'm planning to bake a little something to surprise my daughter with when she gets home from school. About two weeks ago, I made Zoe and Ayden some delicious peanut butter cookies; I got the recipe from one of my favorite gluten-free bloggers, Gluten Free Girl. Her link is listed on the right. The cookies had just the right balance of crispness, chewiness, and melt-in-your-mouth yummines.

Oh, and the hubby did not miss out on the cookie action, believe me. He ate several of them, accompanied by a ginormous cup of his outstanding coffee. My husband is a total coffee snob! He has beans shipped to him from the company we used to buy from in NYC; and he grinds the beans fresh every time he makes a pot. I've been officially spoiled to the point where I don't even make coffee anymore--his just tastes better.

I could use some coffee right now; too bad my husband already left for work.

2 comments:

Lynn Barry said...

I can almost smell the coffee brewing. Glad you are back in the saddle again, my dear.

Flamenco Mom said...

Thanks, that makes two of us. And no, I still haven't had my coffee yet--the hubby won't be home for another hour or so.