Thursday, April 12, 2007

On Top of Spaghetti

Last night I prepared a delicious feast of meatballs and gluten free pasta. My kids love spaghetti and meatballs, so I try to make it once a week. For the meatballs I use a combo of ground beef, pork, and veal, egg, garlic, oregano, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, and a slice of leftover gfcf bread broken up into crumbs. I cooked the meatballs in a pan with a bit of olive oil (gotta love the EVOO), and then simmered in a pot of my favorite pasta sauce. I served the meatballs over Tinkyada Brown Rice Fusilli Pasta. Can I just say that Tinkyada has quickly become my pasta of choice for gfcf cooking? To me, it most closely resembles the texture and flavor of its gluten-containing counterparts. Fantastic!

I'm going to take a couple of days off from the blog--my own Spring Break, if you will. I'm getting ready for the little man's fourth birthday party. See ya!

2 comments:

Lynn Barry said...

Take a nice break...you'll be missed. The spaghetti with meatballs sounds SO good! HUGS

Flamenco Mom said...

Thanks Lynn. The pasta with meatballs was great! HUGS