Friday, May 04, 2007

No More Classes, No More Books

Flamenco Dad wrapped up the semester this week, and all I can say is "Whew!" This has been one crazy semester. Aside from his normal workload, he was asked to teach a class in music theory at the community college. On top of that, he took a graduate course in Philosophy. I'm not quite sure how FD got all that accomplished in one semester; seems he's quite good at multi-tasking too (just like his wife).

There is a downside to all the chaos that was this semester. Namely, he didn't get to spend as much time with the kids or me as he would have liked. Summers are always great around here though; Flamenco Dad's schedule is much lighter during summer break. We're looking forward to weekend getaways, field trips with the kiddies, and just vegetating on the couch with great movies and great company. And popcorn.

Now that Dad is home I can tend to pressing matters like my hair, which is rapidly turning gray. I had jet black hair just a few years ago--now, if I don't color it I look like Tip O'Neill. Oh, and maybe I'll get a manicure and pedicure. Did I neglect to mention that my gnarly fingernail NEVER fell off? It looks like I'm a goth girl who was too lazy to break out the nail polish remover, but the nail is still there. I'm on the lookout for a nail polish that will do a good job of covering my partially-black fingernail. Any suggestions are appreciated.

2 comments:

Lynn Barry said...

Move that getaway up...you NEED a Calgon hot tub and spa treatment...LOVE YA

Annie said...

Enjoy some pampering time - you deserve it!