Saturday, January 20, 2007

Sunset

After an insanely busy week, we decided to hit the beach this afternoon. This photo was taken today; a beautiful sunset view of the Gulf of Mexico. Breathtaking, to be sure. The fresh air definitely helps to replenish a tired body.

Once the sun finally set, we hit a phenomenal Thai restaurant we know and we indulged in some delicious treats. The restaurant also has a great sushi chef. Zoe had sushi for the first time today, and she absolutely loved it. We feasted on spring rolls, curried fried rice, Thai beef with basil leaves, and some plum wine (well, the adults had the plum wine). The kids, exhausted from the activity and the long drive home, promptly went to bed. The adults will stay up late for tea, dessert, and maybe Saturday Night Live--if we don't pass out first.

3 comments:

Lynn Barry said...

Sounds like a fabulous day. The pic is breathtaking.
I am shooting for Saturday Night Live too but summed up my evening at another site I have www.lynnbarry.com poetry...I laughed when I read your posting because I had just posted something about Saturday night on that site.
Have a good one, my friend. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, how wonderful! Your photo is just beautiful! I could use a day out like that ;-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture!