Monday, February 25, 2008

Pancake Supper



Pancake?


Who wants a pancake,

Sweet and piping hot?

Good little Grace looks up and says,

"I'll take the one on top."

Who else wants a pancake,

Fresh off the griddle?

Terrible Theresa smiles and says,

"I'll take the one in the middle."

--by Shel Silverstein


Ever been to a pancake supper? I know lots of churches have them; members of the congregation get together for fellowship and pancakes in a relaxed atmosphere. The formality of Sunday services gives way to friends and neighbors getting to know each other.


Having food allergies/intolerances prohibits some people from participating in events like those. I know we avoid things like our church's pancake dinners and fish fry nights for that very reason. But that doesn't mean we can't do breakfast for dinner sometimes! I used my go-to banana pancake recipe, omitting the chopped nuts, and replacing them with Enjoy Life allergen-free chocolate chips. These fluffy, delicious pancakes were served alongside some bacon I purchased from a local butcher and, of course, real maple syrup. Mmm, pancakes.



3 comments:

Attila the Mom said...

Yum! I just introduced the guys (and me) to quinoa.

Any good recipes? LOL

Lynn Barry said...

yummy! HUGS

Flamenco Mom said...

Ah yes, quinoa. I've had a love/hate relationship going with quinoa for some time now. I have a couple of recipes for it; I'll be glad to forward them to you.

Hugs to you both, Attila and Lynn!