Saturday, June 02, 2007

What Inspires YOU?

I'll be the first to admit that there are days when the motivation to experiment in the kitchen just escapes me. I've done very little gfcf baking this week, which has me feeling guilty--and my daughter hankering for some treats.

Today I thought I'd experiment with some muffins. It was a different recipe than I was accustomed to using (maybe not the smartest idea given my brief culinary hiatus), but I thought I'd give it a shot. I had some frozen cranberries and pecans laying around, so I put them to use with these muffins. I used a combo of sorghum, brown rice, and tapioca flours. The results? Well, they were not very sweet, but they were tasty. They reminded me of a hearty date and nut loaf I tried a while back at the health food store. Once I've finished tinkering with the ingredients a bit more I'll post the recipe. They are pretty though, and Zoe enjoyed them, as did Dad and Ayden.

I'll be cooking quite a bit over the next few days; I'm leaving Thursday for my girls' weekend, so I need to leave Flamenco Dad ready with a full arsenal of gfcf meals and goodies. That means I've got to shake off this funk I'm in and get cracking in the kitchen. When days seem long, and you don't feel like working in the kitchen, what motivates YOU?

2 comments:

Lynn Barry said...

I hear ya. I have not baked much since I went sugar free. I also have slowed down on carbs with the hope that I will lose weight. As for inspiration...after just returning from a gal pal weekend I must admit I feel inspired so I know after next weekend you will def feel different...refreshed no doubt.
Love ya

Anonymous said...

What motivates me? Finding the number for Domino's! Seriously, if I don't feel like cooking, I won't force it. But despite my laziness, I usually do cook a good meal at least 6 nights out of 7.