Thursday, January 31, 2008

Table for One

I wake up at 6 a.m. every day. Not by choice, but because I've got to get my family fed and Zoe and her dad out the door to board the schoolbus and deal with rush hour traffic. With lots going on that early I find that I don't normally sit down to a decent breakfast until around 8. This morning I decided to skip the brown rice cereal and I sat down to this: an egg, crispy breakfast potatoes with onions and bell peppers, and oranges wedges--and I should add that the oranges come from the tree in my back yard. Talk about eating locally! I capped it off with some chai tea; yup, I'm still keeping coffee to a minimum around here. The little guy went off to play with his trains in his room while I enjoyed a nice, quiet second start to my day.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Delicious!

And I thought I was doing good this morning with a bowl of cheerios!

Sally JPA said...

That's a lovely breakfast.

Lynn Barry said...

We often do put ourselves last and then all of a sudden we say...hey...what about me? GOOD FOR Y-O-U!
Love ya,
Lynn